The Marin Rift Zone E takes our less-is-more trail bike ethos and creates a confidence-boosting, pedal-assisted platform that’ll suit any terrain. That means a little less travel, a little less 'longer, lower, slacker' but absolutely no less fun.
A perfectly optimized 140mm of travel means snappy handling, heaps of agile and responsive feel and a bike that’s easy to manhandle. Shimano STEPS takes care of the power, creating effortless, all-day fun with tough and reliable tech and batteries big enough for epic adventures.
Just enough trail-taming squish to be mountains of fun, without turning your favourite gnar butter-smooth.
The heart of the new Rifty is the Shimano Steps drive unit (AKA the motor) and battery. These wonders of pushbike tech work in harmony to give you that added eBike shove up, along and down the trails.
The base-spec Rift Zone E and mid-spec Rift Zone 1 are both built using Shimano's all-new STEPS EP6 drive unit and a 504Wh internal battery. New for 2023, EP6 is designed to be affordable but still punch-packing. It's a little less high-tech than its high-flying sibling, STEPS EP8, but is still an absolute riot on the trails with plenty of power and a comfortable, easy-to-use control unit.
Most importantly, STEPS EP6 shares the same power output as the higher-spec version, at 85Nm. That means that despite the lower price, you'll still get almost exactly the same level of assistance up those epic climbs and a very similar experience. The base-spec Rift Zone E is fitted with a 504Wh battery which should be plenty big enough for most adventures. And, if you ever find yourself needing more capacity, the Marin Rift Zone E base-model can be upgraded to a larger 630Wh internal battery, adding an extra 25% of juice.
- RockShox and X-Fusion handle the suspension, Shimano Deore brings a tough, reliable 10-speed drivetrain and Shimano’s brand-new STEPS EP6 drive unit.
- The all-new Rift Zone E was built from the wheels-up to be just as capable and fun as the regular Rift Zone 29 models. Designed as a system to be the ultimate do-it-all trail hero, incorporating Shimano's STEPs drivetrain and battery into the capable MultiTrac platform, and utilizing components to deliver the best performance at each of the three levels.
- Shimano’s STEPS system is both powerful and lightweight, with the mid-drive motor down low to help ensure that the Rift Zone E performs like the analog version, but with a 250W boost. Three levels of power give riders options to balance electric power, speed and range. Electric assist up to 32km/h.
- The electric features are built in, with an integrated and removable downtube battery, and side charging port encased in the forged motor cradle. The new multifunction switch incorporates the power button, as well as a switch for lighting that the rider may choose to add to their bike.
- The full Shimano STEPS system comes with the peace-of-mind that only a technology leader like Shimano can provide. With years of expertise, our customers can rest assured that they have some of the best global support available to them.